I am using the Children's Corner pattern, Baby Frannie and an applique kit from Ellen McCarn via 1995. ( what can I say- I bought it when Kendle was 15 knowing we would have a girl to sew for someday!)
So far, I have cut the body fabric out and completed the machine applique-- haven't machine appliqued in about 10 years or more but it came back-- it's not perfect but it's certainly acceptable.
My husband gave me this handy dandy little light from Nancy's Notions for Christmas-- It sticks anywhere you want and it is a livesaver for my eyes that need new glasses!
My embroidery box of threads was very useful- the hardest part here was having too many choices!
I finished up the day with the front applique done- next I need to add green rick rack as trim and construct the dress. I need to stash dive and find my white imperial batiste for lining and make the cording for the piping. I hope to feel good enough to complete it this weekend.